Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Bento #167... Gigging

I've spent an awful lot of time gigging recently... working with companies who do big corporate gigs.  It's great fun.  This past week, for instance, I spent a few days in Vegas.  No bentos for that because... it was Vegas.  Doing shows on the road means a 'per diem', which means that they gave me money for eating out and such.  Just one of the many perks of travel...  I spent two days working at a much closer convention center.  I took lunch the first day...  And again, was the weird one for having a healthy, tasty meal instead of a sandwich.  I did liberate a couple of cookies from the craft services table.  Because... cookies.


I have a salad of asparagus and white beans with a balsamic glaze.  It was incredibly tasty.  The purple potatoes came from my parents' garden.  I happened to be standing there while my dad was digging up the red potatoes, and when he would come across a purple potato that was out of place, he'd toss it to me.  I forgot about them until I got home and found I had a pocket full of purple potatoes...

I also have the last of the farmer's market stuff for the year... a selection of baby tomatoes (the orange ones are my favorite) and a purple carrot.  They are accompanied by grapes and gouda.

No comments:

Post a Comment